45 cube dream tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ofortuna08

AC Members
Dec 18, 2010
iowa city
Real Name
Patrick
Today I stopped by one of my LFS and traded in 5 RBTA for $200 in stor credit. Then decided to pick up a coral beauty angle and 5 heads of torch coral. I prolly ccould have got more frags but I'm happy for today.
I will have pics as soon as the angle comes out of hiding.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Beautiful cube sir!

Looks forward to the pics of the new additions. What prompted the removal of the RBTAs? Open up some real estate?

Keep an eye on your corals with the CB. They are probably one of the least likely angels to nip but they are capable.

ofortuna08

AC Members
Dec 18, 2010
iowa city
Real Name
Patrick
It's been a while since my last update, a few things have changed in my tank. First off I switched out all of my old LR for some beautiful Pukani, it's incredibly light and porous. I also decided to add a sand bed.
Second I added a pair of mp10's
And probably my biggest change would be my lighting. Originally I was using an Evo 100 LED.
I was happy with most of the colors but I was getting incredibly slow growth under them. The new light I am using is a 250w hqi MH pendent.... All I can say is WOW. My corals have never extended more or grown faster.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Congrats on the cube. I'm really starting to like those.

Funny how so many reefers end up going more minimalist if after a few years in the hobby. Guess we learn what we like after trying to put everything in the ocean into a tiny glass box :).

lots of others looking to go back to T5s and halides as well. Glad it's working for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store