5.5 Gallon Betta tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I'm sure it's not your fault. To get all of these fancy strains they have to be heavily inbred and that decreases their health and longevity. They are seen as flowers by the fish farms, you buy them, they look pretty for a couple of months and then they die and you get new ones. $$$ There is no interest or incentive to breed better quality fish (not just bettas, all species).
Of course it’s not her fault. Dropsy in my last 2 bettas was not my fault either, if you have a store bought betta, trust me, it’s always store’s fault.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I'm sure it's not your fault. To get all of these fancy strains they have to be heavily inbred and that decreases their health and longevity. They are seen as flowers by the fish farms, you buy them, they look pretty for a couple of months and then they die and you get new ones. $$$ There is no interest or incentive to breed better quality fish (not just bettas, all species).
I noticed this more and more then before. I used to keep bettas for a few years and now only a few months before they get sick and die. Most of my current bettas were imports but its a possibility that inbreeding is taking its toll on many species of fish. Neon tetras have gotten weaker and more sensitive as time went on, I went through I think 30 neons before I got a group that is thriving.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store