55 gallon stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hendre

AC Members
Sep 7, 2016
Polypterus seem to have a very wide range of max sizes and growth rates. Even wild caught sens would struggle to reach 15" in a home aquarium unless caught at that size. Any common one in the hobby that's cheap is almost guaranteed to be captive bred and won't exceed 8-10". Even WC ones rarely exceed 12" in most of MFK's experience.

As for the synodontis it will outgrow your tank. They get to 8-10" easily and may get territorial. They also live 10 years easy

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Also, I have decided against the syno. All these years I was misinformed about its max size

predatorkeeper87

AC Members
May 30, 2015
Also, I have decided against the syno. All these years I was misinformed about its max size
my eupterus is every bit of 9" not including tail streamer which adds at least another 3 or so lol. Also F1-Fwhatever indicates the generations of offspring based on how close they are to their wildcaught counterparts. F1 being the first set of offspring from wildcaught animals, then the offspring of those would be F2 and so on.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'll readily concede on moder captive bredn p senegalus--my statement was based on fish kept 10-15 years ago, that most likely were wild caught or nearly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store