65 gallon rebuild

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I added some fish this weekend, a trio of Iriatherina filamentosa and a good sized solitary Corydora aeneus that was with some Corydoras paleatus in the lfs, lousy leakage in the tank where she was, a lot of brown algae and very poor oxygenation. So, new pictures and you can see someone who is back in the tank ?.
IMG_20210621_005138~2.jpg
P1040015~2.JPG
P1040026~2.JPG

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I had planned to uninstall this tank this weekend, but I'm barely recovering from a bad cold that I still have, I even thought about the virus but it was not like that, I received my first dose of vaccine just 11 days ago, right on my birthday What luck, I guess.
I'm having problems placing the fish with other aquarists, they are not cheap and most of them are not interested in the species I chose for this tank, they are looking for cheap goldfish or fish that are easy to care for like a platy, so it will be complicated, also all the plants are gone, most died and I sold the plants that were left alive as anubias and cryptos, I was happy with the tank most of the time, and it will probably be my last freshwater tank, or at least my last in a long time.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm sorry you've been sick Lalo. It may be a good idea to wait to do anything about this tank until you feel better. You know I'm freshwater only...

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Hello fishorama, thank you, I'm better now but I will wait to make any moves with the tank, I have plans to "trim" it and turn it into a 30 or 40 gallon salt water refugium, I will buy equipment and I will improve my system, so the freshwater will be gone, maybe it will come back or maybe not, I don't know, but it has been fun without a doubt :)

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Well, this project has remained in the past, I have kept some fish, I was only able to sell the cardinals and I was able to take advantage of to dismantle everything, my colisas couple disappeared from the tank, I did not even find their corpses, also the albino angel died suddenly, it was sad to see it die since it was the freshwater fish that I have kept the longest, I see it unlikely that the fish that I still have will be sold soon, I have only decided to keep my plecos and my Kubotai loach, so I will place them later in a cheap tank you can get. I have plans to trim the tank and use it as a 40 gallon refugium for salt water, but if the cost of this maneuver is similar to a new tank with that litrage then I will choose to sell the tank and make the shelter in a new tank. .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store