65G FOWLR Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Yep, the Coraline is good, rock looks good. It looks as though there is a "Snail" right below the Green Algae on the top. Maybe it's my old and worn out eyes.
I bet you got something coming out soon. :)

Reactions: Sprinkle

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Yes, there are a couple of snails that came on the rock, they have both grown since I installed the tank. There are little sea fans, amphipods and I think even little clams growing on the rocks, frankly I'm very excited, this is perfect for the fish that I intend to keep here. As I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, I would like a second chance with P.multifasciata, document my experience in the following thread:

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Today I worked on my 65 gallon tank, the system rebooted after I made the mistake of moving the sand bed on top, it was a fatal mistake, I lost my fish and since then it has only continued to work with rock and sand. Place a 55G container and remove all the water and rocks, this will give me the opportunity to remove the sand and make some adjustments to the tank as soon as I have time and thus begin to restart the system little by little, curiously this was the way I started this tank about 4 years ago. All the rock that I have in my tanks (65 and 27G) has been working since 2013. This is almost 8 years storing beneficial bacteria.
P1020551.JPG
P1020556.JPG
My tank in 2019:
20190422_131845.jpg

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Little Do-Overs sometimes can be good. Not good as far as loosing a clean bacteria source available all the time, but it's good you have a creative, I don't give up attitude. In Marine tank keeping, that's #1. It's a bummer! Good luck on the re-boot. ;)

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Little Do-Overs sometimes can be good. Not good as far as loosing a clean bacteria source available all the time, but it's good you have a creative, I don't give up attitude. In Marine tank keeping, that's #1. It's a bummer! Good luck on the re-boot. ;)
Thank you, Strongarm.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
IMG_20210129_231014~3.jpg
Generally this is how I spend my nights before going to sleep, I love to investigate everything I can about Pomacanthidae, I will only repeat again that they are the fish that I love the most, since I was a child, and I have had many favorites over the years ? .

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I'm going to uninstall this tank today. Nightmare weekend, the tank suffered a fracture in the area of the descent (perhaps for several days), on Saturday night just before sleeping when entering my bedroom the smell of burning was unbearable, it turns out that the Water had collected in the entire area below until it finally dripped and fell into two inlets of the multi-outlet. So yesterday I dedicated myself to cleaning the 65 gallon tank to finally pass everything there, a lot of work awaits me, the 27G tank will be repaired and sealed, I will use it as a sump as soon as possible.

• Sad

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Bad luck Sprinkle, it seems that after all I had to continue with my 65G tank, although it was a lot of work, photos to come ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store