7 colored endler hybrid?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

j0onahra3

AC Members
Nov 19, 2010
Columbia, MO
I got some 7 color endler hybrids from ebay. They were pretty expensive. About $16 per fish and I got 2 pairs. Unfortunately my only 2 females for this endler hybrid died, because the seller sent me sick females that were going to die anyway. I believe these hybrids are really hard to come by, so I doubt i'm going to find any females for sale on aquabid or anywhere on a forum. So my question is, what endler female should I cross this with? Would a chili endler make a nice hybrid? I also have japan blue endler males that don't have females either.

I have two options:

1. purchase trios of chili endlers to have both chili endler fry AND a hybrid of chili endler and this 7 color endler.

2. purchase only females of blue japan endlers, breed my blue japan endlers, and hybridize the 7 color endlers with the blue females

What would be a better choice?

Here is a picture of the "7 color endler"... i got this as a 7 color endler, but I looked it up and some other people are calling these a hybridization of a lyretail tuxedo endler with a guppy.

Lyretail-Tuxedo-Endler-x-Guppy-300x196.png

Lyretail-Tuxedo-Endler-x-Guppy-300x196.png

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
I thought guppy/endler hybrids were useless? Unless you plan to just breed them for yourself.

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
I'm new to endlers as well, so I can't tell you what types either of those are. Except I've never seen the top one, and the bottom one does look like I've seen it before. I've only shopped around on Aquabid, but I thought $16 was a bit steep, but I have no idea as far as 'rare' strains etc.

That's why I posted it with a question mark, lol. From what little I've read I though guppy/endlers were 'useless' as in you won't be able to sell them, because they are now 'mutts' and won't carry on the specific strain etc. That's why I've also heard advice to only keep certain strains in basically "species only" tank so they won't interbreed with other strains or guppies.

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
Well when googling '7 color endler' there's only that guy whose selling them. So I'd say they are his own strain.

rourk89

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Waterford, Mi
It looks like the top one is a cross with an endler and a guppy. When I did a guppy tank, i won some endlers at an auction and put them in there. Well i didnt know at the time that they would cross breed. And I have 1 surviving baby who looks extreamly close to your first picture. It is is not necessarily a tuxedo gupppy, but more than likely it was a lyretail.

Sent from my DROID2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store