75G glass octagon what to do with it.......

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
1st off I am going to take it to my local glass business and find out if its tempered glass all around if not then I am going to have it drilled for 1inch bulkheads. I only use wet dry filters now & a HOB overflow just takes up to much room in a octagon shaped tank IMO.
Only reason I am keeping it is because it was my cousins and she had enough of her kids neglecting the maintance on it and decided she doesnt want to mess with it any longer so she calls me not asking but telling me they will be bringing it over this coming weekend.
Its a fairly new tank and stand so now to find a place to put it and decide what to do with it..........At least no fish are included she had guppies and gave those to a friend, I'm not fond of guppies I like fish you can see from a distance and not have to get up close to see them.
I'm thinking doing a bare bottom tank and getting 2 really nice bubble eye goldfish since anything sharp punchers the 'sacs' on the goldfish eyes it mostly have to be a pretty bare tank. maybe a few VERY soft silk plants siliconed inside a couple smooth to the touch small flower pots. And a few nice large gold snails.
Any ideas ?
Be glad to hear them on smooth decorations for a bare bottom tank and remember I love bright neon colors inside my tanks I think those colors have been called 'clown puke' before on a few threads :)
attached is a animated pic of one of my tanks and fish.

MyFish.gif

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store