90 gallon low tech planted ~journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
Since the last update you can see a lot of stuff has grown. The jungle val has gone crazy and I have let a few of the plants go crazy without trimming them. The largest jungle val leaves are at least 1.25"x4'.
Sadly the swords are not doing too great and the SAEs ate all my fissidens and tawain moss :(

My BN plecos bred multiple times so I have babies everywhere.

love the layout, is it the camera or ur light bulb that is giving i that color? (I dont particularly like that much yellow lol)
I need a better camera because this looks either too dark or too yellow whenever I take a picture.

Last edited:

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
Looks really good. I like the SAEs, they are very pretty.

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
Thanks for the compliments!

Very nice! Where did you get the topsoil?
I went into the woods behind my house and dug it up. That way there were not a lot leaves or debris in it and I did not have to worry about wood chips, pesticides, manure, and all that other crap they put into the top soil you buy.

I used the mineralized soil technique to make sure it was extra clean. I ended up making a whole bucket full of it when I only used about 2 gallons max for this tank.

Martina1997

AC Members
Feb 24, 2013
BEATIFUL TANK! I am so jealous are you going to add a center piece fish? if so I would say try a pair of angels or some kind of gourami (if a gourami go with a golden one)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store