A planted tank thats possibly an industry first.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Sorry for the incredibly late response, Unfortunately not to long after my last post my wife started traveling with me and someone else took over on the water changes and minimal maintenance. Regrettably they did not care for my tank and only saw it as a job. Before i knew it the tank was whipped out.

The 90 gallon corner tank with a bowed front is the tank i used and i pulled it off the wall about 8" secured a horizontal stud to the wall that was flush with the top of the fish tank. then i simply built a stud wall that also came up to the top of the tank i made a plexi glass base with a angled back that got higher at the back where it would be slightly higher than the waterfall. The base had an edge that overlapped the inside of the tank and dropped down a 1" to keep the water from escaping.
The Avery was very simple i ripped up a piece of pine that was about 3/4" x 2" " x 6 " then i cut every inch 3/4 of the way through, This allows the pine to bend to the radius that I needed. A level was used to make small points on the ceiling then i marked in i believe it was a good 1" inside the tanks radius. secured that to the ceiling. The Fiberglass screen was then secured to the nailing strip that was on the ceiling The slightly smaller radius up top meant that when the screen was brought down to the edge of the tank it had to stretch thus keeping them Secure behind the screen. And when i had to get in there to feed or do some maintenance like pruning i just lifted the screen.

So the million dollar question whats next. I had planned on while the tank was doing well to upgrade to a 30 inch deep x 6 foot long and 24" tall tank . Sill have the glass in the shop.

So one evening the wife asked as we were sitting outback what I thought about adding A LITTLE water feature off the patio. So after a little surfing led to the mind running rampant. So this time there's no boundaries, This time the project required the entire back yard as support.

best of pond (1 of 7).jpg

best of pond (3 of 7).jpg

View attachment best of pond (1 of 1)-3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store