Abronia graminea Setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Over the weekend I planted all the bromeliads. It came out pretty good bit I still want to buy a few more to fill in some of the empty spots.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1427850240.657253.jpg ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1427850248.952238.jpg

Last edited:

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
These little guys are really pretty, can't wait to see pics of them in your awesome setup :)
Thanks Sara, I think the easiest part is done. The hard part is actually finding a pair of these guys. The search continues!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Nice job on the background, it'll look great as it grows in. Did you apply the Eco Earth while the foam was still wet?

I also love the coloration on the lizards, it is a very eye popping green!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice job on the background, it'll look great as it grows in. Did you apply the Eco Earth while the foam was still wet?

I also love the coloration on the lizards, it is a very eye popping green!

Thank you! I actually coated the back wall with 100% Silicone caulking and then sprinkled the eco earth on top of it. You have to do this quickly before the caulking becomes tacky.

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
very nice job! where are you getting the lizards from?

are there drain holes in the closed "pots" for the bromeliads? i thought most of them wanted draining mounts, and did not like having the roots wet continuously.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
very nice job! where are you getting the lizards from?

are there drain holes in the closed "pots" for the bromeliads? i thought most of them wanted draining mounts, and did not like having the roots wet continuously.
Thanks! I'm keeping an eye out for them on Faunaclassfieds and Kingsnake. There are a few people who sell captive bred individuals and that's what I'm aiming for.

I have drain holes running from both the 2 areas in the background that have a places for potted plants. The one plant at the top right is a Cryptanthus which is a type of brom but it lives in the soil. The yellow flowered brom on the right is in an orchid soil mix with some sphagnum moss and seems to be doing quite well. It's twin on the left, I removed from it's pot and placed into a hole I drilled in the cork bark. It's roots are wrapped in sphagnum moss until they take hold of the bark.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store