Absolute best glass-cleaning/algae-eating fish species - please vote

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
My purple apple snails weren't doing the job, but then I got two albino bn plecos from mgamer. There is not a spot of algae left anywhere now. I supplement them with algae wafers and zuccini slices, too.

toodleypops

AC Members
Sep 15, 2008
Bristlenose pleco
rubberlip pleco
other plecos
(for some the smaller ones do a better job IMO)

CBWMN

AC Members
Oct 11, 2007
El Paso, TX
I can see a Mag float for the fron and sides but I have too much equipment hanging down the back glass. I also have a dark blue constructiona paper on the outside back. Mag floats can'dt work the back.

Charles

Cichlidmojo

AC Members
Oct 19, 2008
Ancistrus aka bushynose pleco.

saram521

AC Members
May 10, 2008
Georgia
www.aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Sara
I don't solely rely on fish/inverts to take care of my algae issues, and I really only keep them b/c I like them so much! It just so happens they eat some kinds of algae :). I would never keep a fish I didn't like just to have it work for me, that's silly :p:.

Having said that, ottos and bn's are good at eating some algae, and so are nerite snails. I feed my cats with veggies most of the time, and I usually end up solving my algae issues lol! Algae is more of a snack for my fish...

unvmyplecos

without sorrow happiness is nothing
Jun 26, 2008
NY
DUH.... A BN pleco..... i love plecs and this one seeeems to do the best....IMO

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have had just about every kind of fish mentioned. I would have to say the BEST were bn pleco's

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store