AC Glossary Project v. 1.0 is up!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
That's up to the mods, but thanks for the compliment. Hopefully it will be stuck up in the Newbie forums!!!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
what about pims childawg. You know the catfish. You know the ones that live in water and swim with things called fins and breath with these weird things called gills. I like your glossary Chil man theres alot in it. What about O's for oscars and RT for Red Terror???

carpguy

lots of small fish
Jul 15, 2002
nyc
Visit site
I finally found one that isn't locked!

I liked the split between aquaria and general colloquialisms. I was thinking a few more sections -- common aquaria, plants, technical (or advanced) freshwater, technical (or advanced) saltwater, something along those lines. The abbreviations we see everyday are a little lost among abbreviations that are used infrequently or only in specialized areas.

But overall…

Nice job Childawg :D . It should be a great help to many.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Thanks, Carpguy. As it grows, the project will look more and more like what you have described, but I wanted to get a first-ditch effort up before I did anything too fancy...I'll get to that point, though! :)

wetmanNY

AC Members
XLNT! How'd we all miss--

Ich -- Ichthyophthirius, a ciliate parasite.

Plus, how about

KMnO4-- potassium permanganate, an oxidizer

H2O2-- hydrogen peroxide

And, if you have Oto (or "Otto") how about

Ram-- Microgeophagine cichlid

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Nice job Chil. I vote it should be stickied. Clears alot up for me! Kudos again on the good job.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Originally posted by wetmanNY
XLNT! How'd we all miss--

Ich -- Ichthyophthirius, a ciliate parasite.

Plus, how about

KMnO4-- potassium permanganate, an oxidizer

H2O2-- hydrogen peroxide

And, if you have Oto (or "Otto") how about

Ram-- Microgeophagine cichlid
No clue how I missed Ich, but it'll be in the next update! Good points, Wetman, and I am thankful that you caught those!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store