AC Mafia Check In

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Not here often, anymore, but wondering how all the Mafia members are doing.

Back in the day, I was a younger man with 3 young kids. Now two are in college, and the youngest just got his driver's license. Still living in the Chicagoland area, and less than 10 years to retirement. I got old. Somehow, still maintaining a single aquarium, but probably not for much longer.

If you were a resident of ACville, and happen to stumble on this thread, give an update.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Well according to your title you are the only mafia member so how are you doing ?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Still going strong...shame most AC members active don't understand the Mafia draw...especially being fooled by Mad as if he was an innocent. ;)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have always heard of the AC mafia since I joined but, well, I never made it all the way down here where you guys understand & play the game. I'm more a solitaire/candy crush/pinochle/uno/monopoly/trivia kinda "gamer" if I can call it that, lol. I like games with yelling out answers. It sounds like it might be mean or need too much chess-like strategy...do we just call that "Bob-isms" now? I think he might have been a mafia boss...I know he plays chess...Is it like Leisure Suit Larry only with aquaria in some form? Not that I know that game but my mom had it...in the 80s or 90s...I think Bob may be lying that Mafia is still going strong on AC...So just where is this game happening? Can anyone play?

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Still going strong...shame most AC members active don't understand the Mafia draw...especially being fooled by Mad as if he was an innocent. ;)
Howdy, RB. A good time was usually had by all. Kind of hard to understand the draw until you've played once or twice, and the switch clicks on.

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
I have always heard of the AC mafia since I joined but, well, I never made it all the way down here where you guys understand & play the game. I'm more a solitaire/candy crush/pinochle/uno/monopoly/trivia kinda "gamer" if I can call it that, lol. I like games with yelling out answers. It sounds like it might be mean or need too much chess-like strategy...do we just call that "Bob-isms" now? I think he might have been a mafia boss...I know he plays chess...Is it like Leisure Suit Larry only with aquaria in some form? Not that I know that game but my mom had it...in the 80s or 90s...I think Bob may be lying that Mafia is still going strong on AC...So just where is this game happening? Can anyone play?
RB is still going strong... Mafia games, not so much. Try doing a search on Mafia here, and see what comes up, if you want to read some old game threads.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
Not here often, anymore, but wondering how all the Mafia members are doing.

Back in the day, I was a younger man with 3 young kids. Now two are in college, and the youngest just got his driver's license. Still living in the Chicagoland area, and less than 10 years to retirement. I got old. Somehow, still maintaining a single aquarium, but probably not for much longer.

If you were a resident of ACville, and happen to stumble on this thread, give an update.
I was in high school when we used to play pretty regularly...got my BS in biology, MBA...and am now 31.

Reactions: Madcrawdad

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Just logged in for the first time in ages to post about planning to set up a new tank and I come across this. Nice to see some of the old family still around! Things are good here. Got married, moved a couple of times and changed careers yet again.

RB... Mad was never innocent. Even when he was. =)

Reactions: Madcrawdad

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
True.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store