ACA Member

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish_breeder_05

American Idiot
Aug 23, 2005
Hastings, NE
I started out wanting community because my mom was a cichlid stereotype, thinking they are aggressive. I had some platy and danios then after ablue cray, electric cat and syno epterus came along I have nothing but cichlids! my mom is fine with them now that I told here tthat here prized 4" angels she had for 5 years were cichlids. I do have a none cichlid tank but it is my moms and has my 7" dojo loach, 5" horse head loach, 5" mystery synodontis, 5" rapheal catfish, 7" synodontis epterus, 5" silver dollar, and 2 blackskirts the size of a silver dollar coin. in my tank there are 7 convicts, a puffer, a 4" green sevrum, an 8" synodontis epterus and a 5" pleco. on the other side of the divider, a full color 8" blood parrot worth $60 or $70 that the store gave me free! :thm: :D :thm:
Well I realized the midwest cichlid assosiation had the biggest cichlid show of the year in des moines right on my birthday (may 6)
how do I sign up?

gabrielandco.

Look into my eyes...
Oct 31, 2005
congrats! i have considered joining the chicago area one, but it would have to be long distance-- why i don't. i just wouldn't get the benefits of being close. if i had more time, i would still occassionally support the auctions open to the public!

Sully

AC Members
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
I joined the ACA about 3 years ago---maybe 2 1/2. The Trader is an excellent place to shop. I feel really good about the quality of fish you can get there.

Buntbarsche Bulletine. Not sure any publication is better. Like someone who posted earlier--i am almost exclusively into SA's. That publication offers a lot to people like me. Don't need Old Worlds to get a lot out of it. The articles about breeding, feeding, disease management and general fish info is applicable to any fish keeper, not just the cichlidphiles. and, give it a little time and you will grow into a cichlid lover.

I have only attended the Cinci show. I will go to Chicago. Another great reason to be a member.

I am not an "active" member. But, if nothing else the dues go to something very valuable to the hobby market. Cannot imagine why anyone would not support the group. Sponsoring scholarship and research in things fishy is a good thing.

Mojo--it is interesting that our paths crossed yet again within a month or so. lol. it is a small world.

adjuster

Registered Member
Aug 5, 2006
I was a member maybe 25 years ago. I was interested in CA/SA cichlids and the rest of the hobby (or so it seemed) were enamoured with Africans. Also as mentioned previously, alot of people locally didn't seem interested in cichlids "groupwise". Even now there are few fish associations in North Carolina, none locally to my knowledge in Eastern NC. I have re-visited the issue over the years, was glad to see they got color on their Buntbarsche Bulletin but always throught it should be published monthly or at least bigger if published 6 times a year as it is presently. The tropical fish industry has disheartened me over the years especially with all the dyeing/painting and hybridization of species to make designer fish, but that is another subject entirely...

Akara Farm

Registered Member
Sep 24, 2006
Bangkok
Flowerhorn

dear Mojo

I am just member by aquria central. I am very happy to see you thread. I am looking for Flowerhorn lover. It is nice to read your message "I like my flowerhorn".

My name is David Lu. I am a breeder of Flowerhorn in Thailand with more as 1000 tanks.

I hope I will got more information about Flowerhorn in your states.

best regards,
Akara Farm Thailand
David Lu

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
Thanks David.

I like my Flower Horns extra spicy and served with black beans...or rice. How do you eat them in Thailand ?

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
Nov 29, 2002
ST.Louis Area
Visit site
Hey MOJO I became a member of the ACA to show my firemouths at the show. I am still trying to mutate a firemouth albino. (20 years now) I would love to know if you know anyone with any that I can work with.
Still haven't set up the 180gallon I won at the show. I am thinking about GREEN TERRORS. I think an adult show fish would look awesome.

I launched my own forum for saltwater so I have been super busy. I have 11 tanks empty right now. I am waiting until after the first of the year to set them up. I probably will do it sooner being addicted to fish and all. I think the fish room has 22 tanks. Too many to count.

My firemouths have been keeping me busy too. Lots of fry and the wild ones from Rusty Wessel are starting to breed!

fishroom 006 (2).jpg fishroom 007 (2).jpg fishroom 013 (2).jpg fishroom 017 (2).jpg fishroom 018 (2).jpg

polomax24

Registered Member
Mar 15, 2005
Mr.Firemouth said:
Hey MOJO I became a member of the ACA to show my firemouths at the show. I am still trying to mutate a firemouth albino. (20 years now) I would love to know if you know anyone with any that I can work with.
Still haven't set up the 180gallon I won at the show. I am thinking about GREEN TERRORS. I think an adult show fish would look awesome.

I launched my own forum for saltwater so I have been super busy. I have 11 tanks empty right now. I am waiting until after the first of the year to set them up. I probably will do it sooner being addicted to fish and all. I think the fish room has 22 tanks. Too many to count.

My firemouths have been keeping me busy too. Lots of fry and the wild ones from Rusty Wessel are starting to breed!
Very nice FHs! Rusty has some FHs that have red on their entire body. Do you happen to get those as well?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store