Adapter to Connect Python to Faucet

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jurupari Man

The Masked Tortilla
May 29, 2001
New York, NY
So I had the faucet fixture changed in my bathroom sink awhile back before I decided to get back into fish keeping, and now the python adapter does not fit the faucet. When I unscrew the faucet aerator it leaves the male threaded pipe (with only a few threads). The brass faucet adapter for the python is also male threaded and appears to be slightly larger than the diameter of the faucet pipe. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? Maybe there is another adapter that I can use? I've attached a few pics - one that shows the python adapter held up to the faucet threads and the other that shows the removed aerator and the approximate diameter of those female threads that attach to the faucet pipe.

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1888.jpeg

Jurupari Man

The Masked Tortilla
May 29, 2001
New York, NY
Eureka! I just realized the little gasket on the brass adapter for the Python pops out and reveals female threads! I never knew it. And those threads fit the male threads on my faucet spout. Problem solved! :naughty:

Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store