Adding fronts to a established african cic tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Jiffy, please don't make the mistake of putting the fronts in that tank. There will be more aggression than you think. And on top of that, fronts are a very lazy species, and high activity fish are well known to stress them out. You are much better off to put them in a storage bin for a little while. These are awesome fish, and I would hate to see you lose them.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Agreed. Not to be too critical but in 6mo or so you'll need a 55 or 60g at least to support the fish you already have. Those fronts will get absolutely murdered by some of those other mbunas.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Aj is correct...fronts are predators but mainly opportunistic. They are not built to withstand the pressure from aggressive attackers like mbuna, especially at only 2". Even if space wasn't an issue I'd hesitate to put adults in a tank with that stock.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I made the same mistake a long long time ago when i first got into African Mbuna when i was a kid and i put 4 2" Front's in with Zebras they murdered them pretty fast..

2" Front's will take 4 years to become partial mature with Males at 9" and Females at 6 to 7" very slow growers..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store