Advanced reading books...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Online reading is nice but I enjoy books too. I usually don't buy, I'm a library user mostly. I just recieved the new book "Loaches Natural History & Aquarium Care" written by several of the old timers at Loaches.com. I'm sure there are species specific books on many fish but some may be seriously out of date with obsolete info.

Diana Walstead book on planted aquaria sounds interesting, the no water change theory.

Google around, there's lots of scientic papers available if you're into really in depth studies, abstracts if you not. Genetics? Natural habitats? Ichthyology in many varieties.

devlyyn

AC Members
Sep 18, 2007
I got one called 'ecology of the planted aquarium'. It is really informative and scientific. Many people agree that it is a must read.

RoseFishWatcher

AC Members
Oct 31, 2006
Colorado
I highly recommend finding the nearest university and taking full advantage of their library. I have over 20 books out on a WIDE variety of topics. Everything from "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" (by Diana Walstad), "Copepods in aquaculture", to "mathematics in china and japan". The aquarium section (as a hobby) is pretty small, but it started as an agricultural school so theres a TON on fishery/shrimpery info.

I'm such a library nerd : )
I read about just nearly anything.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
My husband & I are library nerds & science geeks too. Not all college libraries will allow non-students to check out books but local public librarians often can get them if you ask.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store