Advice on what to add to a 25 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wacky Wafflez

AC Members
Apr 23, 2003
michigan
www.geocities.com
Answer This Please!!!!

ok no one answerd my other thread so i decided to post it agian (sorry mods) i have a 25 gallon aquarium wiht one angelfish and a few fake plants i am interested in getting another fish... what would be a good angelfish tank mate look at my pictures(signature) for a detailed discription of my tank

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
I personally think your tank is fine the way it is. There's not much room to work with when you factor in how large an angelfish can potentially get, and how much room a 25gallon provides. It is possible to add a few more fish to your tank, but I wouldn't do it... a lightly stocked tank is generally preferred.. it cuts back on maintenance, and gives you room to breath in case something happens (ie. you just happen to forget a water change, etc.).

HTH
-Richer

JSchmidt

Cowbell! I need more cowbell!
Jun 27, 1999
IL, USA
www.wiu.edu
You could probably get away with adding 3-4 cardinal tetras, but I agree, you don't want to add much more.

Jim

PS If anyone wants to look at Wacky's link above, be forewarned that you'll be treated to about 4 or 5 popup ads. I hate those things!

val

Oct 18, 2002
Eastern Shore, Maryland
I love cardinals, and have a 55g with 80 of them, but I think I'd avoid adding smaller tetras to an angel, because it will try to eat them. Maybe a larger tetra, like the emperor...

Of course, you could also get a couple more angels and just go with a species tank.

Val

cpr4cpu

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
www.cpr4cpu.net
I have a 29 gallon that is home to a breeding pair of gold angels.
I have single amazon sword (plastic so I don't have to do all the live plant work) and momma fish happily lays eggs on the plastic leaf. Since you probably can't sex your existing fish, it's not adviseable to add 5 or 6 to see who pairs off, but the look of two angels in a simple tank is really peaceful for me.

I also have a grossly overstocked 29 gallon tank with barbs, clown loaches, and a rainbow shark. It requires weekly water changes due to the bio load on the tank. Don't overpopulate unless you want to do a lot more maintenance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store