advise on aussie hammerhead

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
i recently just got a aussie hammer coral, i have 2 other green hammers and both are great and healthy and wide open. i've can see healthy growth as well cause my oldest hammer is growing another head already and i've had it for about a month but this aussie hammerhead just wont open and it's been 2 maybe 3 days now. any suggestions?

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
With any new coral I wouldn't worry for about 2 weeks. Give it some time to get used to your tank. You get lucky sometimes and a coral opens up within hours of putting in tank. But that is exception rather than norm.

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
bad news, it died but my other one is doing awesome still. usually when i introduce a coral it opens pretty soon like within a few hours you were saying. i think what had happen is when i got these to coral together from the lfs i trhink the working accidentally dropped it on the aussie hammer in front of it and stung it and there wasnt much water in the bag so that also made me nervous cause i had about a 35 minute ride home but the other one is doing awesome it opened right up after it entered my tank.im in the middle of upgrading right now. i just got an 80 rimless shallow tank it's awesome 48x24x16 im gonna start transfering everything from the 55 to that 80 soon.

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
still working on my freshwater to lol i got a bunch more tanks. im trying to get my bumble bee gobies to breed. no luck yet though lol. i kinda been neglecting the tank though i gotta start keeping up with my water changes but i been busy with the salt lol i got lost in a whle new world and love corals lol.

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
Is it being attacked by one of the other hammers?
i think the kid at the fish store dropped it on the other hammer while he was pulling them out of the frag tank the other hammer was directly under it on the lower rack and i seen him drop it so i think thats what happened

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store