AH Help, fish dead, others dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

strangerdejavu

AC Members
Sep 22, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
Ah Mandy, that's crappy. I'm sorry about your little Kole tang, too! Best of luck to you!

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Im very sorry for your losses Mandy

In that first link it says fish tend to "Toy" with their food by eating their food and spitting it back out. My clowns eat their Oraglo pellets by sucking them in and spitting them out until they are small enough and soft enough for them to eat. The pellets are too big for their little mouths.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Thanks everyone. Camera is charging so hopefully I can get a shot of one or the other.

Just did the freshwater dip on the clowns. They didn't quite like it. So, question is when considering "distress", what would constitute distress. Each of them wound up laying over like they were dead then all of a sudden trying to jump out of it. i was a little afraid I killed them so they weren't in long, but more than just like a few seconds more like a few minutes.

The clowns do resemble the appearance of mucus like the first picture of the clown on Chuck's website. I was in search of that earlier today but I could not track it down. Thank you.

I do have formalin coming tomorrow from my bigal's order so I am going to cross my fingers and go that route.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
exactly. my bf thinks I'm concerned about the money of restocking . . . erm no.

Those little boogers managed to move just enough in every shot out of 50 that there was a blur. tomorrow, when I catch them I will try to get them in a tiny amount of water in the clear fish capture thing i use where they won't be moving around so much. on another note, I finally figured out my macro settings. . .

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
lol fish can be a pain to take pictures of!!! Keep up the good fight and keep us posted. Remember, if it is worth it to the fish to keep fighting, it is worth it for you to keep fighting for the fish!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Well, both clowns were dead this morning. I'm quite sad about that. All that remains in that 75 gallon in terms of fish is my radiant wrasse. I'm going this morning to get a massive net in order to catch him to get him in QT to let the tank go fishless. Whatever this was wiped out $250 worth of fish. I'm putting a positive spin on it and looking forward to getting it restocked (with proper quarantine first) so the main tank will be fishless for more like 10 weeks or so.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store