ahhh geez

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rxdoc_85

AC Members
Mar 9, 2008
st. louis, missouri
my serpent star just cruises the bottom of the tank and uses his little hair-tentacle things on his underside to sweep the food along his arms all the way to his mouth. it's pretty cool to watch. he knows when i drop in food, and he becomes active. he also eats anything that dies in the tank. my chocolate chip that i used to have (had to take him back to lfs when i got corals) would also cruise the bottom and eat food and detritus. i'd imagine you could feed them about any type of meaty food. mine weren't picky at all. and about the air thing, my choco chip was always half out of the water, so i really don't think there's a whole lot of truth to that.

fish guru

AC Members
Nov 12, 2007
hmmm i see... so I guess I will play around with it alittle and see how it goes. Are there any signs of nutritional deficiency? because if there is, please let me know so that I can tell.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
ACE: for what it's worth. I was told that Linka Starfish are the kind you don't expose to air and you are not supposed to handle. My serpent and my sandsifting stars are rugged little pups....except when it comes to the original acclimation.

missc4

Fishy love
Mar 14, 2007
VA
My CC star will let me pick him up and sit him on food,If he is hanging in the glass I give him a tickle and he lays back and lets me put food between his body and the glass then he reattaches himself to the glass and eats.My brittle star hides all the time but he must get plenty to eat cause he is alot bigger then when I got him even though I don't directly feed him

almo75

AC Members
Feb 6, 2008
Corn fields south of Chicago
Real Name
Al
My burgundy star is always exposing himself to the air. Liveaquaria.com states he should never be exposed. He likes to be at the water surface half exposed so I let him do his thing.

rdfriend

AC Members
Sep 9, 2007
Seminole, Fl.
My CC star exposes himself to air.He is like half above and half below water level all the time.He has never been fully exposed to air but wonted to share with you that mine exposes himself.Ok that didn't sound right but you know what I mean.lol
Mine does the same thing...a lot. Top of the tank bending backwards. I sometimes take that opportunity to drop a piece of food on him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store