Albino BN Pleco Male died

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JHoughton

AC Members
Apr 8, 2022
I recently bred my male and female, and got 40 pleckets I plan to sell once they are 2 inches!
The male was a fantastic care giver and very healthy, and once I took the peckets out (for grow out), he started eating and seemed very healthy, then I found him dead in the tank!
He wasn't just dead either, his body looked beaten up and almost caved in? After that I kept an eye on the female who looked paler in color and I never witnessed her eating or defecating while attached to the glass, her belly appeared a bit swollen. I moved her to another tank where she seems to be doing better. Tank parameters were perfect, but I had put carbon in the filter to clear up preventative meds I had applied for new fish (I took this out after a week) and I had started playing with liquid CO2 alternative to promote plant growth and control alge. I was providing pleco tabs for feeding with occasional zucchini, and flakes/pellets to feed the other fish in the tank. Tank size is 29 gallon long, heavily planted.

Any ideas as to what happened to him? I was so sad! Also I'm brand new here, do folks sell fish here too? I have 40 to sell but I also want to buy another mature male assuming I figure out what killed the first one. Could the female have inflicted that damage? Other tank mates are two female bettas, gold white clouds and cardinal tetras, with various corys.

Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store