Albino Cory strange death, explain???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Xclaw

AC Members
Oct 20, 2002
BC, Canada
My favorite cory (an albino) died this evening! I looked at the tank and he was resting in the fake plant I have, when I went to feed them I discovered he was dead. When I scooped him out I noticed that his entire inside of his head was blood red. I'm not sure what happened could he have ran into the side of the tank? All other fish are completely healthy and happy. It seems really weird that he'd just up and die especially with a head that looks like it's full of blood.

Is this a type of disease or should I be worried? I'm pretty sad since he was my favorite little guy. :(

Thankyou for your time

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Bloody head cory?i don't know whether is this similar,mine has bleeding beneath the boney plates of the cory,hopefully somebody who have more experience would shed light on bleeding cories

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
a damned shame

this is a shame, the albino cory is also a favorite of mine...tough to hear of your loss, I've been in contact with a pair of albinos that recently dies after 2 years (freak accident), but I have never seen any bleeding or bloody look in them though

yannfulliquet

Hypancistrus Lover
Aug 23, 2002
Hi!
How important is the red mark on the head, and how important is it. Any red mark elsewhere? how the fins and barbels were? other Corys?? respiration before the death and what are the parameters of the water? tank size and tankmates? Usual stuff that you do in order to keep your tank clean?
Sincerely I doubt it was cause by a hit on the glass or so unless you have a piece of glass just underneath the surface? Even if it was the case I have witness so many Cory hitting the tank cover pretty hard and never die of it!
Cheers
Yann

Xclaw

AC Members
Oct 20, 2002
BC, Canada
All the fins are in perfect condition and all the other corys are doin just fine. Seriously it looks as if there were a vein that popped in it's head. It is a 10 gallon side tank with sand substrate temperature is around 25c and ph is at approx 7 give or take a little (trying to match it up to the colour chart) oh and ammonia=0.
Other tankmates are 3 pepper cory 1 bronze 1 algea eater (not sure what kind i'm researching it, it's a little pencil lookin thing) and 1 dojo loach.

Thankyou for your time

yannfulliquet

Hypancistrus Lover
Aug 23, 2002
HI
Does they breath rapidly?
Aspect of water?
how is the red mark on the head?
Your water parameters seem to be ok.
I just need you to describe more in details the red mark and the area around it. And its situation on a 3 dimentional plan, on the head ok but where close to the fin...deeply incrusted??
Cheers
Yann

Xclaw

AC Members
Oct 20, 2002
BC, Canada
The entyire body is in perfect conditionslast night before I went to bed he was not breathing rapidly or anything. The red mark looks like a vein in his brin or head burst and his entire internal head cavity is filled with blood. It starts at the base of the head and it's completely beat red. It may sound weird but it looks as if his brain popped or something.

Thanks for your time

yannfulliquet

Hypancistrus Lover
Aug 23, 2002
Hi!
Well It well could be this, a vein have broken in due to either a huge hit on the glass, or a sort of anevrism... really strange as I have never heard of such thing!
Cheers
Yann

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store