Albino guppy fry?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Impudence12

Broke Aquarist
Jul 3, 2007
Charlotte, NC
A week or 2 ago rumpelstiltskin had a bunch of fry before her untimely suicide on to the carpet. I read that they won't get colorful until around 4 weeks old. All of the fry are large enuff to swim freely without being scared of the adults. They are gray and black, nothing special, but there's 2 of them that are very white, they don't have any color, not even gray. I can't get any pictures, my water is tinted due to the driftwood and they are still pretty small.

Rumpelstiltskin was preg before we got her. Are the white ones albino or are they just going to grow up into the clear/white/yellow colored guppies?

Impudence12

Broke Aquarist
Jul 3, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I finally got good pictures. They are so small and fast and my camera.. anyway.

The white ones have been solid white since I found them. The others started gray and stayed that way. I haven't bred guppies before so I don't know if they all start gray then turn colors or if the lighter colored ones start white. Here are the pictures. The one that looks empty is a good picture of what the other 16 fry look like. The water is tinted so the first 2 look alot more yellow than they are, but the last one is near the surface and shows off the proper color.

IMG_2869.JPG IMG_2871.JPG IMG_2873.JPG IMG_2874.JPG

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Do they have pink eyes? Maybe you'll get lucky and they will be a male and female.

Impudence12

Broke Aquarist
Jul 3, 2007
Charlotte, NC
They don't have pink eyes, so they aren't albino. I guess all guppy fry aren't gray. They are probably going to grow up to be like 2 of my other guppies, just really white with a yellow tint.

Reactions: Kromayne

Kromayne

Registered Member
May 13, 2021
Hi!
I have the same thing happening now.
Imprudence12 what color did those guppies end up being?

Kromayne

Registered Member
May 13, 2021
A week or 2 ago rumpelstiltskin had a bunch of fry before her untimely suicide on to the carpet. I read that they won't get colorful until around 4 weeks old. All of the fry are large enuff to swim freely without being scared of the adults. They are gray and black, nothing special, but there's 2 of them that are very white, they don't have any color, not even gray. I can't get any pictures, my water is tinted due to the driftwood and they are still pretty small.

Rumpelstiltskin was preg before we got her. Are the white ones albino or are they just going to grow up into the clear/white/yellow colored guppies?
Hi!
I have the same thing happening now.
Imprudence12 what color did those guppies end up being?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I doubt you will get an answer as the OP hasn't been on since 2010.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store