alien invasion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

midcuk

AC Members
Feb 10, 2003
newcastle
Visit site
please help !
i have a small coldwater setup which was running fine until i added a new fantail 2 weeks ago, it appeared healthy ate well etc and seemed a good addition to the community until yesterday morning, it was looking fine when i fed them, left the room came back in and it was dead (literaly 5 mins later) no obvious signs of disease or anything but i removed it ASAP just incase. A few hours later i noticed a paracite? or something attached to the tail of a black moor, i removed the moor and removed the paracite from its tail (by this time it was moving up its flanks). Any idea what it is or where it came from , are there any more etc.

it has a light brown back with dark brown spots, and a white belly , looks a bit like a mini plaice as it has one continuous fin all the way round, at the front it has 2 pairs of small legs and a large pair of what look like pincers it is approx 4mm long

any ideas ?

thanks

chris

midcuk

AC Members
Feb 10, 2003
newcastle
Visit site
fanx childawg thats the little critter the next question is is this the only one or will it have bread and if so how to i ensure the tank is clear of them? how can i tell if there are any more of the little buggers etc.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I have no way of knowing if it is the only one, but I doubt that that's the case. I would recommend following the treatment procedures outlined at this site.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store