Aluminum in tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
"aluminum" and "stainless" are @ as generic of terms as saying that we keep "tropical fish". Their are many different grades and for stainless the metallurgical differences are very vast( some has a lot of chrome or is magnetic. Back to the subject, it would be easier, safer and would take less time and probably no more money to go and pick up a nice piece of acrylic that you can see through and cut out pockets for your filter return, air line,heater etc. If you choose to go that route, I can help you with how to prep and set it up so you don't crack the acrylic while cutting it( I have 15+ years machining and cutting everything from woods, plastics, stainless and tool steels so I am more than knowledgeable in how you could do this yourself).

Ryan2

AC Members
Apr 19, 2010
Botswana
Thanks, I can only get Perspex though and it comes in 2m × 1.5m sheets for lots of money the last time I checked. I read it bends over time. Ill have to find someone who can sell cutoffs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store