Amazonian Shrimp in Cananada...?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
Heya!
I'm trying to find S. (or Central) American shrimp in Ontario. I've read of very few species from that part of the world that seem to end up in aquariums, and all ways in the U.S..

Are any of you shrimp people in Canada? Are there shrimpy resources that I am simply overlooking?

Fishfur

AC Members
Aug 28, 2012
Might try contacting Shrimpfever.com. It's a store, in the GTA. They sell shrimp, mostly Asian, mind you, but the owner is a very nice guy and he's been in the business for a number of years. If anyone in Canada knows about these shrimp I'd expect Tommy, the owner, to be that person. And he knows other shrimpy types too, if he's not sure, he might well be able to find out.

Reactions: Lady JinglyJones

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
Amazing! Thanks very much! :D

demonte1997

AC Members
May 19, 2011
Judging by what I see here in the northeast US, you are probably no worse off than we are down here for finding Amazonian shrimp. :( Best of luck. Let us know what you find. My avatar is a crazy prawn from South America. No one can tell me what kind it was. Still trying to find one again...

Lady JinglyJones

AC Members
Sep 30, 2015
Coast of Coromandel
Real Name
Emily
Camera Used
Ma Galaxy S4.
Don't worry - if I manage to find what I'm looking for, I'll post aaaaallllllll about it! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store