An acclimation question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
Same here, right off the truck. Less stress if you acclimate the one time to their permanent home.
BTW c'mon already!! I ready for some baby news!!!
:grinyes: :cry: :grinyes: 'T'

PuppyFluffer

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
east coast USA
Well I called the shop at 4:30 and they had not gotten their truck yet. He said he'd call me when it got there and that he was expecting it today. I hope he understands that I want the call whether it's now or at 8pm or later.... He did say that sometimes the truck is after hours when I was in the shop on Monday.

If the truck comes and he doesn't call me and he puts them in a tank....I think I will offer to pay for them and have him hold them for the above recommended 2 weeks to smooth their transition....and if they die, I'll reorder.

As for the baby....I swear it's moved down a bit....I've never had prelabor signs with my other two, I just gently go into labor....who knows when it will happen. I'll start a new thread in the General Chat when I go into labor (and post here to let you know to go see it there). I suspect if I mix much more baby labor chat into this thread I may certainly be accused of being off topic! I'm planning a homebirth with a midwife and we're all just anxiously awaiting.....

PuppyFluffer

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
east coast USA
Well, it's tomorrow, Thursday, the day after the fish shipment was supposed to arrive and no call from him. I waited until noon and calle him and he said no fish. He refused the shipment. Apparently they were not going to arrive until today and he didn't wish to accept fish that had been on the truck for three days. I guess that protects him from loss.

He'll re-order and we'll go through this again next week.....

I don't mind glitches, I don't mind problem but I really get annoyed by no communication!!!

Fish Obsession

AC Members
Feb 2, 2007
I am going to go off topic too! I am just so glad to hear you are doing a homebirth. Not too many people know or trust midwives and the practice of birthing at home or in a birth center. But I am way off topic. I'd love to hear how things go. Congrats!!!!!!

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
I'll start a new thread in the General Chat when I go into labor (and post here to let you know to go see it there). I suspect if I mix much more baby labor chat into this thread I may certainly be accused of being off topic! I'm planning a homebirth with a midwife and we're all just anxiously awaiting.....
:clap::clap::clap: I'll be waiting!! 'T'

PuppyFluffer

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
east coast USA
I've been quite negligant in updating this thread.

The most exciting news is that I had a darling baby boy! See thread here:http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1466835#post1466835

And I finally got my fish but they are not what I ordered at all.
What I wanted was Boraras brigittae. What they sent is Trigonostigma hengeli (aka Rasbora hengeli) It's ok, i'm keeping them and they are doing well. He only got 5. One jumped out of the acclimation container as I was drip acclimating them. While he looked fine after being placed back in the water, he died the next day. The remaining 4 are doing very well!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Pics of the fishies?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store