An old "newbie" with a little tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

E-cubed

AC Members
Aug 13, 2008
Hi all,

I am returning to an old hobby after about 20 years. I used to have several planted tanks and breeding Discus. Eventually I lost interest after a heater malfunctioned and parboiled my discus. :eek:mg: As fish in other aquariums died I tore down all of my tanks. Now I find this old interest is reawakening in me and I have a new little 10 gallon tank that is already fairly well planted and in the middle of cycling. (I am low tech and am setting up this tank like I always have in decades past, letting nature take its own course with a natural cycle.)

All I can say is that things have changed a lot in this hobby! I am a plants-person (was a buyer of plant material for a major retail nursery for 10 years and a life long gardener) and I am fascinated by all the plants that are now available to fanciers. I am also blessed to have a very good Fish Store very near to where I live... even though my own collector instinct finds their plant selection, although varied, well stocked with a great turnover, somewhat lacking. I bought a sword plant today that was not labeled (the only plant in the shop that was not labeled), and they were not too interested in getting the name for me from the shipment that came in yesterday. sigh. Now the research begins.

I look forward to learning from this group. Thanks for being here.

E-cubed

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
WelCOME to AC

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
:welcome: to AC!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! Several of our members raise and sell plants and inverts. Take a cruise of our classifieds.

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Hello..........:welcome:

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
Welcome! :hi: With that kind of experience, I'm sure you are going to have beautiful tanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store