Anemone Acclimation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008
Right on. glad to know this. I thoroughly cleaned the heck out of my aquarium and resiliconed it because of the fear hahaha.. I never bothered asking my aunt if she had used it on the setup but it didn't matter I was paranoid enough to get'er done :)

Thanks for the help everyone.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I still don't understand why you are needing to use Prime before water is pushed through your RO/DI unit. If anything, that will raise the TDS and eventually shorten membrane and resin life. If it is chloramine you are worried about, they make catalytic carbon blocks for that purpose. I just don't see the Prime doing you any favors.

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008
So can I get rid of the garbage can? lol sorry to sound excited but It's been a dread having to use two buckets instead of one.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Yes, you shouldn't need it. First, make sure whether or not your municipal supply uses chloramine. If it does, you'll need catalytic carbon blocks instead of regular carbon blocks. One of the arrangements found here would be ideal if your tap has chloramine and it will negate the use of your dual garbage can systems. Just be sure to test on a regular basis and take the precautions that Ace does. A bit of Prime in the product water to be safe seems like a good idea regardless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store