anemone problems yay

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
To be honest, without seeing exactly what the anemone is doing, I can't really tell you much. Try to get pics of the anemone as best you can when its behavior changes. I am not being rude by any means, but do you know what a gaping anemone mouth looks like? Without closer pics, there is no way to ascertain that--especially if you've never seen what a gaping or healthy mouth looks like. I hesitate to say much else except that a gaping mouth is indeed a bad sign. If something is done quickly to help the anemone, you may be able to save it, but it usually doesn't bode well.

raja86

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
Florida
gapping would mean that its mouth is not puckered but that he would be as if he were a hollow tube.. its puckered..
i am very new at this.
its a learning process and these are the first problems ive encountered since i have gotten the tank..
so again sorry for anything that may sound ingnorant.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
gapping would mean that its mouth is not puckered but that he would be as if he were a hollow tube.. its puckered..
i am very new at this.
its a learning process and these are the first problems ive encountered since i have gotten the tank..
so again sorry for anything that may sound ingnorant.
Well, not necessarily. There are actually some subtle differences. Please, no hard feelings--I never meant any of it to be interpreted that way. I would just like you to post pics so that everyone else can take a look at it and make a more educated/experienced assessment. Again, no need to apologize. We are just trying to help both you and your anemone out..

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ok, I am all for saying you don't require intense lighting for some condy anemones, but 1 10k/03 small PC light in a 12g? That is really pushing the limit on being on the very low end of light. If it were a 70w MH, that may be good, but that PC light is really going to limit your corals selections and growth of softies.

raja86

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
Florida

im trying to get the best picture but, im using my iPhone over a body of water (BTW iPhones are the best for these type of pics) and my clown its trying to attack me as im trying to do it so half the shot have him in the middle haha

raja86

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
Florida
PC? not sure what that is but ill tell u this is a very bright light.. ill have to get back at u with the specs but its a
$300 light alone.. not sure if price has n e thing to do with calibur of lighting but hey.. thats not cheap

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
PC=Power Compact, or compact fluorescent. They are almost the worst type light to use for reefs, only thing worse would be normal fluorescent or a screw in house light bulb. They do not put out very much PAR, the photosynthetic light that things like anemones and corals need to live and grow that other lights like T5HO or Metal Halides put out.

raja86

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
Florida

this is the model i have

lighting specs: 1x27w SunPaq Dual Daylight & 1 27w SunPaq Dual Actinic

"Blistering Lamp Performance

Utilizing industry breakthrough lighting technology from Current gives optimum output and performance. The ultimate lighting spectrum is achieved by utilizing two Dual SunPaq lamps – which combined with the SunPaq driving system produces over 50% more lumen output then comparable systems. Using a proprietary blend of Nichia phosphors, the dual phosphor technology produces eye popping color rendering, while providing the necessary lumen output for high coral growth. Polished German Parabolic Reflector pumps up the light output while a polycarbonate splash lens protects the lamps and ballasts from corrosion. "

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store