Angel Breeding Tank Setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nuts4fish

AC Members
Sep 28, 2004
Winnipeg, Mb.
I have 4 of my 5 Angels who have paired off, (2 pairs). Each pair has layed claim to opposite sides of my 75g. I have had several batchs of eggs from both pair. They have generally lasted 1 - 2 days before completely being eaten.

I am thinking of moving 1 pair into my 30g and seeing if we can progress further. The 30g has been running for quite awhile with the fish listed below. Because of this I really don't want to remove gravel and such. Can I leave anything in my 30 as dither fish or cleanup crew? Specifically the cories and algae eater.

The Tetras are fairly large now and I think can move into the 75g the angels are coming out of. The platys I plan to move in with my guppies in my 10g. This leaves a 5g I can set up, move Guppies maybe?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a friend who has 2 - 100g empty and has offered them as a grow out when/if the time comes.

Nuts4fish

AC Members
Sep 28, 2004
Winnipeg, Mb.
Angel Breeding

A further note. I am hoping to move 1 pair at a time into the 30 for a period of time and see if they will continue laying eggs. I'm thinking if they are alone, the eggs will have a better chance of hatching. If after awhile, no eggs or no hatch, I would rotate pairs.

I like the idea of letting the parents look after the young. If I do successfully get them to hatch, at what point do I eventually remove the parents?

Thanks to the group for any suggestions.

fishmanattic

G?????
Jan 9, 2005
england
Nuts4fish said:
I have 4 of my 5 Angels who have paired off, (2 pairs) .
hi i had 4 angels in my tank and ended up with 2 pairs 5, housed with 3 discus and 8 clown loach.

i had two 15g tanks empty (basicaly i couldnt be botherd to stock them) so i set them up form angel fish breeding thick plants bogwood slate etc

i moved each pair into there own tank and they bred happily at first they stopped breeding but in just after 2 weeks they started to breed again

if i was you i would put the 1 pair in your 30g and see if you can get a cheap tank or use your qtank if you have one.

normally the parents are good but some (which is not that rare) eat there babies if they eat the fry 3 times in a row then they will probaly never be good parents.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store