Angel fish & ich

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hythyr

AC Members
Oct 21, 2018
I recently got a new heater and set it to 75° in my 55g tank. Also got a light that allows you to set automatic lighting/timing.

1 of my 3 angel fish that were 1.5yo died about 6 weeks ago and the 2 left have now paired and laid their first batch of eggs 2 weeks ago. They were great parents very attentive. But All the fry were eaten by my 4yo goldfish also in the tank.

Today i noticed 1 of the angels has ich.

Today they also laid more eggs.

I have never personally dealt with ich on any fish and not sure what to do.

Only other fish in the tank is a 4yo pleco.

Any advice would be appreciated. TY.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Goldfish and angels aren't compatible fish. You can raise the temperature to 86 degrees (won't be very comfortable for the goldfish) or get a product called Herbtana, that is safe for eggs and fry.

Hythyr

AC Members
Oct 21, 2018
It seems that all the spots have disapeared already and i didnt do anything. Could it have been caused by spawning?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Unlikely, unless somehow the spawning process reduced the fish's immune system to the point the ich parasite could take hold.

It's typically happens when something from another tank is placed in your tank.

Could ich just go away on it's own? If it did in a matter of days it probably wasn't ich in the first place. Getting rid of it is unlikely unless you cranked up the water temp and did a bunch of water changes and gravel vacs.

Hythyr

AC Members
Oct 21, 2018
I did absolutely nothing all. But now the fish looks completely perfect and healthy. If i hadnt seen it for myself i would never have believed it.

And nothing new has been added to the tank since those angels were added almost 2 years ago in late january.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I did absolutely nothing all. But now the fish looks completely perfect and healthy. If i hadnt seen it for myself i would never have believed it.

And nothing new has been added to the tank since those angels were added almost 2 years ago in late january.
To you have other tanks where you share equipment or supplies between the tanks?

Mr'I'Helps

AC Members
Dec 26, 2019
I would recommend you to change the water a lot just for the ich to go away.

For the laid eggs, I would recommend you to put the goldfish in a tank that is about 10 gallon tank so that the goldfish wouldn't try to eat the baby fry.

I would very much recommend to wait until all the fish is about 3 inches then put the goldfish back in the tank so they won't eat them.

If your want your goldfish in the same tank then put a lot of plants in the back of the aquarium so that the fry can hid in, without letting the goldfish spotted or eaten.

As well here are Angelfish's compatibles tank mates:

• Tetras

• Gouramis

• Loaches ( Not Clown loach )

• Silver Dollar Fish

• Danios

• Rasboras

• Livebearers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store