Angel fish natural layout tank 120 cm

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tugz

Registered Member
May 6, 2014
Hello guys, i am portuguese.

Hope to receive feedback on my angels feeding on beefhearth home made mix

[video=youtube;LBowxIFXJac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBowxIFXJac[/video]

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Heey another fellow portuguese member! You from the mainland or islands? Oh, and nice fish!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Keipos

AC Members
May 7, 2014
Nice tank! And hungry group of Angels! I've wanted to make a homemade beef heart mixture for mine to put in place of beef heart flake. What's in your mixture?

tugz

Registered Member
May 6, 2014
Well, its quite easy to do.

Because i feed with lots of other things i made a simple mix, but if i would do today i would add the garlic, that i dorgot :(

1 beef hearth (clean it from fat as much as possible, you just want the meat)
1 carrot (boiled) (it enhances colour and gives some more vitamins and minerals)
gely (i used the powder) enough to make it more consistent

If you have, add some vitamins and other things you might want, like shrimps, some white fishs, and garlic, very very important.

But as you see you dont need a big and dificult recipe, because it will be just a part of the diet. The industrial food give them what they need, this is just to boost their developement.

Keipos

AC Members
May 7, 2014
Great! I'm definitely going to look into making some beef heart for my pairs. I too feed multiple other things (spirulina flake, color enhancing flake, staple, brine, etc.)
Thanks for the info!

tugz

Registered Member
May 6, 2014
oh i forgot to mention, you probably knew it , but after mixing every thing manualy you place it in the machine that triturates everything (dont know the english word for that)

In the end i place it in "aluminium paper" , in very thin layers, and go to the freezer . That way is easy to just slash a bit to give to the fishes.

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
nice!!!

Rafini

AC Members
Jun 24, 2012
os peixes são lindos! e bem-vindo :)
Another Portuguese here, well half Brazilian to be exact. I've always wanted to make my own food for my fish how long does the whole process take?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store