Angel Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msubhan

AC Members
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
After 1 week of adding fishes into cycled tank tested water parameters using API test kit

Ammonia - 0.25 ppm
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0

Does water change required or can I wait for 1 more week and test again?

Joannestech92

AC Members
Mar 1, 2019
Any amount of ammonia is harmful. You may need to do a couple water changes in order to bring it to zero.

msubhan

AC Members
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
ok Thanks. As I have canister filter on 50 gallon tank, with 5 medium,4 small angel fish, what is the frequency of water change?

I had an assumption having canister filter( once filter is established) leads to less frequency of water change , may be every month?

Joannestech92

AC Members
Mar 1, 2019
Since you don't have any Nitrate try not to disturb the bed of the tank. I'd do one and wait 24 hours to retest and see where you're at. 20% should be fine to start. How often do you normally change your water?

msubhan

AC Members
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
yes I did 20% water change today. This is the fist time did water change since the tank was newly setup after 5 weeks.

you mean bed of the tank is gravel or sand at the bottom?

Joannestech92

AC Members
Mar 1, 2019
Yes the gravel or sand. That's where your nitrate is going to be.

It's hard dealing with ammonia without any nitrate. 5 weeks seems a little long to go without water changes. Even if you have a decent canister filter you still have to keep up on general maintenance.

I hope this helped in some way. I'm not a professional and can only share what has helped me in the past. Best of luck to you and your fishies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store