angel v/s brown knife

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

palehorse78

not your average fishman
Sep 14, 2002
Atlanta
i have a hex tank with two angels in it there about 2 inches top to bottom one of them had some very bad scarring on it. i dont know what could have did it now he is missing altogether for a week. my brown knife is only about 5 inches do you think he ate it his mouth seem to small and i dont see him getting aggrisive at all but i do know they hunt at night.and the brown is just temp to i set up my other tank.and one more quetion i put some very small convicts in there i got a 29 gallon wating for them but for ppl to say there so aggrisive i havent seen not ONE nip at any of my other fish i have 2 angels 2 black skirt and 4 headlight tetras what the deal with the convicts all they do is chase each other.when they gonna act like start marking there terrotory.they have been in the tank for about a month

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
My guess would either be the black skirts or the convicts are the ones whove been biting the angelfish. Brown knives are generally peaceful to fish they cannot swallow.

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Hmm I just re-read your post. Are you saying the angelfish that was bit isnt in the tank anymore?

palehorse78

not your average fishman
Sep 14, 2002
Atlanta
yup hes totally gone.and why are my convict acting so nice.the bite on the angel was a serious bite.it had its whole top fin bit off at the root. those black skirts would not have did it like that and i stare at my fish for hours i neversee the skirt bother the angel and the other angerl finngeg is great they dont bite him at all.could it be a desies that make the fin fray and come of or some thing it was on one day totally gone the next the fin that is now the fish gone to

rockhead44

AC Members
Dec 10, 2001
New York
sorry to hear of your troubles.My vote would be either the convicts or the angel.Both fish are capable.convicts can be aggressive and angelfish can too.I once put a beautiful angel fish in a tank and in five minutes the other ripped it to pieces.I later found out that they have a nasty streak in their personally.I think it was the angelfish in your case but I am sure they all made a meal out of him(or her).I just hate when that happens.Sometimes just out of the blue you seem to have a totally different fish in your tank.You think you have a calm tank and everyone seems happy and peaceful and then someone snaps and wants to be the king.A few things can trigger this.We can only control a few things as fisher gods.It is important to read up on the fish you want to put in your tanks before doing so.Just like with people we all just do'nt get along.Good luck.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store