Angelfish eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hmilstead

Heather
Aug 7, 2006
Glendale, AZ
I just noticed eggs on the uptake tube of my filter. Two of my Angels are hovering quite closely. This is a first in my tank. The Angels ( 4 of them) were my Mother's Day present to myself this past year. I don't have another tank I can move them too, so I guess it will be let nature decide if any survive. If they survive, how long before they hatch?

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I don't think you're going to have to worry about them surviving, tha parents, especially young and inexperienced parents mostly eat the spawn they laid. If by chance yours do survive, you should notice wigglers in a few days. Becareful with your other angels as this breeding Pair will be highly aggressive at this time.

hmilstead

Heather
Aug 7, 2006
Glendale, AZ
I don't think you're going to have to worry about them surviving, tha parents, especially young and inexperienced parents mostly eat the spawn they laid. If by chance yours do survive, you should notice wigglers in a few days. Becareful with your other angels as this breeding Pair will be highly aggressive at this time.

No eggs this morning. Poor babies!

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
the angels will most likley spawn again. it may take them a couple of tries before they get their parenting instincts down.

if you do not have another tank to put the breeding pair in, then you may want to get a divider for the tank so the other angels are not beaten up by the breeding pair.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
the angels will most likley spawn again. it may take them a couple of tries before they get their parenting instincts down.

if you do not have another tank to put the breeding pair in, then you may want to get a divider for the tank so the other angels are not beaten up by the breeding pair.
:iagree:

I just wish the fry are raised with their parents so the fry can develop their parental instincts when they mature.:)

rwspear76

American By Birth,Soldier By Choice
Jul 5, 2006
Bushnell Illinois
www.geocities.com
I am having the same thing happen, except I got to watch my angels laying and fertilizing, when should I remove the eggs from the main tank and put in the fry tank? Should I move the breeding pair with them?

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Before they lay another batch of eggs, you might want to put a sponge pre-filter on the intake tube of your filter. Since they like to use it, this would prevent the fry from getting sucked into the filter itself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store