Angelfish laid eggs and I need help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
I wasn't sure what to expect. I really didn't want to hatch brine shrimp. So, I just bought decapsulated and golden pearls. I couldn't get them to eat. I think I would have done better with microworms or newly hatched brine shrimp. They are now eating frozen baby brine shrimp and growing quickly. Good Luck!

My wigglers were in the same place they hatched.

Those marbles are NICE. Thanks!
I set up another 55gal with a divider and moved the breeding pairs out of the community tank. I'm sure the community is happy of that!
The golds have eaten all 4 of their batches so I may remove their next one.
The marbles haven't laid since I took some of their wigglers that were falling but I think they will be again soon. I made some "egg slates" with lips at the bottom to catch any wigglers that may fall.
The 12 wigglers I got from the marbles before it was too late all became free swimmers. However 2 were deformed and could only spin in circles so couldn't eat and 4 others never did eat so I have 6 left that seem to be doing very well and have been free swimmers for about 2 1/2 weeks.
I am trying to wean them from microworms. I have looked online and what I find says to grind flakes to a fine powder and feed. I think some are eating but some aren't so I'm not sure what to do there... Any suggestions?

Last edited:

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
Urgent help needed!
OK, so I need somemore help here. I was down to 6 little angelfish fry and 1 by 1 their dieing off! They all seemed fine, eating and swimming then one seemed to stop eating and laying around at the bottom of the container. When I would feed, it seemed he would be trying to eat but I don't know and would kind of dart around a bit or seem to try to swim pressing it's head against the bottom. When one would get so weak and die I would pull it out and a day or two later another would start doing it, I'm down to 4 now and it looks like I'm fixing to lose another. Water paramiters are fine, I do pwc of 50% twice a day and feed microworms, ground flakes and frozen baby brine shrimp 2x daily, 3x when possible. Any help? PLEASE!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store