angelicus botia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
so they say. My experience with them and ich on two occasions worked out just fine. Did it once with a clown loach just fine also... (back in the days of buying a tank and dumping in fish before cycling.)

awesome fish btw

edit: I used the nasty blue meds on one and sea salt on the other :thumbsdown:

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Hmm.. I'm dealing with Ich on my Clowns after a new addition to my tank. I love my Clowns, but I've had no real luck with treating them after they get Ich. Been looking at other loach types also, but after seeing those Angelicus.. They look nice.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
yeah, same family: botiidae, but not in the genus: botia

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
From what ive seen and heard about loaches of any kind it's that they seem to be more prone to ich. All the clown loaches and a few other species of loaches ive seen seem to have ich while their tankmates dont show signs of illness. Also treating loaches to cure ich can be quite tricky because they are scaleless.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Astex

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
I've had luck with raising them temp and treating per directions with Rid Ich +; I've also just raised the temp and run a diatom filter 24/7. As long as it's not a terrible outbreak and they're still eating, eventually I've beat it back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store