Angelicus Loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

baxter

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
Columbus, GA
Visit site
I recently got one of these little guys, I say little because right now he's only about 1 1/2 to 2" long. When I got him it was one of the first that my LFS had gotten in. They've had several shipments since, and the price has more than doubled for them.:D

Anyway, when I got the guy I could hardly keep him out of either one of the filters on the tank. Now he stays mostly under some driftwood except to come out at night and eat.

Anybody else have experience with these loaches?

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I have three of them and paid 14.95 for each. Prices generally gor from 12.00-45.00 in the US and in Canada.... check you the WWW.Loaches.com messege board and you can get info on them there as well as in the fish index section.

They are Loaches, so a minimum of 3 is good...Mine are out ALL the time and I have had no Filter problems with these loaches yet... They have a VERY interesting behavior different from the rest of the loaches out there. Read up on the website! Just to let you know.. they have just been discovered about 2 years ago and this year is the first major shipment of them.. when I say " major" I mean more than a few at a time. Not a HUGE amount....though.. these guys are all wild..a NICE, colorfull Loach!

dethjam316

AC Members
Apr 6, 2003
south of nowhere, north of nothing
these loaches are gorgeous...a friend of mine paid $20 each for three a few months ago....seemed like they were doing fine every time i saw them. alas, ALL THREE disappeared in his 55g about 2 months after he got them. no way they could leap out in his setup, it's completely covered.

well, he looked everywhere for them in the tank as well, moved everything in the tank, literally dug up most of the gravel looking for them...but seems his prized loaches vanished (along with his $60). i guess they died and were eaten...a shame. he didn't give up hope until recently, hoping they were buried or expert hiders, but no sitings of any of them and after his fish-hunt...oh well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store