Angels and Electric Yellows?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

electricyellow

AC Members
Dec 13, 2002
Bellevue, NE
I've recently acquired 4 juvenile Electric Yellow Labidochromises, 2 males and 2 females (they're large enough to guess). I wanted to know if there would be any problems if I added a pair of Angelfish. One of my friends needs to get rid of his, and I offered to take them if I found out they could be kept together. The pair of Angels have spawned several times already and are fairly large, would this cause problems? The tank is large enough to add them if they'll get along, so overcrowding wouldn't be a problem. If anybody out there has had success with mixing the two, or any horror stories or plain advice, please let me know, the sooner the better, he needs to get rid of them within the next few days.

BV77

AC Members
Nov 30, 2002
Palmer, Alaska
Visit site
angels and labs

I would not mix africans and south americans.....they have different ph requirements....they may not bother each other and do fine in neutral water, but neither will be totally happy. I'm not sure about aggression...although labs are peaceful as far as Malawians go, the fins of the angels may be tempting.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store