Annoyance about Ken's Website

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
So I order most of my fish stuff from Ken's website now if I'm able to. I do have an annoyance about the site itself though.

The actual webpage is lame. He really needs to invest in a better website. I hate how each page opens a new window so that if you browse the site you end up with a bunch of open windows. Surely there is a better hosting solution than that.

Other than that the site is awesome and generally has the best prices! lol
try updating your browser one window 10000 tabs

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I personally feel that if a crappy website is the only bad side of his business, it is worth enduring. If it's not hurting his business there is no need to upgrade it. If you need eye-candy, go somewhere else that offers it. I would prefer his rates and a crappy site to one full of eye-candy and higher prices.

Besides, you can change your browser settings to open in one window rather than a new window or tab.

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
Everything opens in the same window and same tab for me. Maybe it's your browser that is out of date.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I don't think the site needs to be eye-candy, but a more properly-coded website wouldn't hurt, and it certainly wouldn't automatically mean higher prices.

Kuthoht

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
I actually didn't say anything about eye candy or anything silly. I merely stated I did not like how the site would open windows when you click on links. As someone else in the thread stated thats actually an archaic form of html that was used years ago.

Since I know my web browser is up to date and some people claimed to not have windows pop open, I went back to the site and took a closer look. Apparently only certain links on the site open windows. In my case the canister filters link and cleaning supplies links open seperate windows for each item you click on. These just happened to be the links I spent considerable time on as I ordered some filters and cleaning stuff.

I think its interesting how some people seem to have gotten offended by my simple observation that the website could use an update or modernization. If you actually read my original post you would have noticed it was actually an endorsement of Ken's site. I've recommended Ken's to many of my friends and will continue to do so.

Think of it this way. If you like shopping for aquarium stuff at Ken's, a better website would most likely gain more business and thats a good thing.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
For the prices he offers, I can deal with a million tabs or windows. It might look archaic as hell, but its better than a website that is "all show and no go".

Damodred

Addict.
Dec 5, 2008
NE Iowa
I'll admit that the reason I waited so long to order from him is because his Web site makes him appear disreputable to me as the consumer. He shipped out the very next day, and I'm quite pleased with the products I purchased so I'll order from him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store