Another kind of catfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
My 55gal tank. This has become one of our goofy cat's favorite pastimes. She slips between the black background and the tank so she can watch the fish and still monitor what's happening in the room.

• Haha
Reactions: Daisy317 and dudley

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Cat burglar....

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
LOL! At least she's not fishing from the tank top
This cat comes running any time I feed my fish. This tank is just a few inches off the floor and she likes to peer into the water when I lift a glass top to drop in some food. She would likely snag a fish if she could.

Reactions: Daisy317

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
When i was a kid a long long time ago our cat used to jump onto the tank and try to catch the fishes - i suspect this is not uncommon. Given that guppies like to stay near the top it is always amazing that he was an utter failure at fishing but i kept expecting him to fall in. He was actually pretty smart - he figure out how to open the sliding doors but lacked the muscles to actually open them. I guess a lot of cats are pretty smart... certainly more so than dogs. Maybe one of these days i should get a kitten - they always have adopteeee available at petco (they allow people to bring unwanted kittens and allow you to adopt them; sort of like a shelter 'cept they have much more limited space). Not even sure why people bother with dogs when cats make such wonderful pets.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
You keep a green sev with a oscar? How long have they been together.?
They've been together since they were very tiny 10yrs ago. I bought the oscar and then the green sev about a week later.

Reactions: Daisy317
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store