Another newbie :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hope

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Iowa
www.targrafix.com
Hey everyone! I'm Amy and I'm from Iowa. We've recently gotten into the hobby and have researched so much! My husband was into this when he was younger, so he knows more of what he's doing ;) The hobby for "us" started with a little corner fish tank that I got for Mother's Day 2006. We have 3 kids, so hubby decided they should get me a 1 gallon tank with 3 goldfish & a pleco!!! :eek: I think he knew that we'd end up getting a bigger tank :rolleyes: LOL

So we have since grown to have:

1 gallon tank with a single male blue betta
5 gallon hex with goldfish (youngest son's)
10 gallon FW with a few danios and a guppy (oldest son's)
29 gallon FW with community fish (platies, tiger barbs, guppy, and pleco)
40 gallon hex brackish tank with silver scats & a green puffer)
75 gallon with some goldfish (for now)

We're gradually buying the things we need to make the 75 gallon a full marine tank with some hardier saltwater fish. We are also debating what we're going to do in the longrun for the 40 gallon, as we cannot keep the scats & puffer in this tank when they do grow. We had them all in the 75 gallon previously. We've learned so much from reading this forum!!!

blackwolfXKAV

Homo sapiens
Apr 20, 2006
New England Abroad.
Welcome to AC!!! Happy to have you here, and happy to know you're well into fishkeeping with what we call "multiple tank syndrome". I have heard the only known treatment is to constantly uprgrade or purchase new tanks to quell the need. :)

By the Way, have you given any thought to the SW plans for your 75? I'd love to know...

good luck with alll your endeavours and may your fish always be content.

hope

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Iowa
www.targrafix.com
Thanks for the welcome and for letting me know we're not alone in the addiction ;) :D

We're still working everything out with our saltwater plans...I know we must get a "Nemo fish" as our kids have been CONSTANTLY begging us for one, so we figured now that we have a large tank, we should try it :) I know I have picked out a few fish for the saltwater tank, and from what I'm seeing, they're all compatible and are for beginners :eek:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store