Antidote for Methylene Blue & Malachite Green stains

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shaggbark

The rare and Elusive....Ninja Cod
Feb 12, 2007
Hopewell Jct. NY
Was the wood sealed?.....if the stain is in the grain it may be very difficult to remove.

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
If anyone can find a cure to get this stuff out....i'd love to hear it! All I know is that i've gone through tanks because it colors the silicones of tanks, and it's not always the nicest looking...

Finley

AC Members
Actually now I am wondering how to ever get the colour out of the water?! (Other than by changing the whole lot over time.) I can't believe how long this green swampy look lasts. Protozin fades after a day, but this med has Malachite in it and the water is still green as anything.

I don't need to medicate the fish any longer so I've been trying to remove the chemicals with carbon and even a huge bag of ChemZorb. They've made zero difference to the green swampy look after 5 hours in strong water flow. When will it fade??

Thanks

Finley

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Actually now I am wondering how to ever get the colour out of the water?! (Other than by changing the whole lot over time.) I can't believe how long this green swampy look lasts. Protozin fades after a day, but this med has Malachite in it and the water is still green as anything.

I don't need to medicate the fish any longer so I've been trying to remove the chemicals with carbon and even a huge bag of ChemZorb. They've made zero difference to the green swampy look after 5 hours in strong water flow. When will it fade??

Thanks

Finley
Finley, how much carbon are you using? You'll need to use lots of it to remove the green completely.

Mama T

Registered Member
Jul 8, 2021
Hi there,
I NEED HELP!!! In a spectacular fumble of the bottle of Multi Cure I have managed to spread massive green stains on my parents cream carpet and tiles and grout! I MUST fix this because anyone see's!! Please tell me someone out there knows what to do!!!!
Thank you ?????

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
An old post on this topic from another forum suggests trying Hydrogen Peroxide 3 percent solution commonly found in your local drugstore.

I highly recommend contacting a local store that specializes in carpet stains and how to remove them before you start as damage to the carpet may occur depending on the carpet material.

If you proceed further, try it only on a small sample of stained carpet to see the results. Don't rub the treated stain, rather blot it with multiple clean white cloths or paper towels and wear vinyl or rubber gloves to protect your hands.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
How about Oxyclean?

Life can bring an unpredictable amount of mess. Whether it’s a wine spill, tracked-in dirt, or last night’s dinner carpets attract all types of stains. Fortunately, OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover Spray works hard to remove tough stains forever! OxiClean Carpet and Area Rug Stain Remover removes tough stains forever with a special oxygenation process. Remove even tough stains with OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover. Our special oxygenation process works together with OxiClean™ stain fighters to deep clean and freshen carpets. Try to act fast--the quicker you can treat the stain, the better chance you have of getting the stain out of your carpet. Immediately remove solid residue from carpet and blot up excess moisture. Don't let hard to remove stains, such as wine, food or mud, intimidate you. With OxiClean™ you can Get the Tough Stains Out of carpet & upholstery!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store