Any more German heaters on the market, even Jager is made in China.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
I know we don't like to review products here, but who bought what in the last year and how are things going in respect to heaters. I see there are several new models out.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Sorry to derail, but I really want to know why heaters are having so many problems...for most hobbyists, they are as essential a piece of equipment as a filter or light. Why are manufacturers not making them like they used to? Why is quality control no longer a priority with them They are an expensive, but simple to construct, basic piece of equipment. If they're going to charge $25 for an 100 watt heater, I expect it to work for a long time.

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
I agree with you guys, I do have 2 backups from 5 years a go.
A friend of mine is setting up and asked which heater to buy and I started looking and I been finding most are made in China now.
Anyone using Rena smart heaters, he din't realy want to go with glass.
Mine are all glass heaters.
Bob agree, I will start buying up used heaters, might be the best way to go, :thm:

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
What about the Fluval E Series. The highly digital super smart heaters. I have one for my 29 and it really is a smart heater. I even forget to unplug it during water changes and it never causes me problems.

I have only owned 3 heaters, Jager, Fluval E series, and a Marineland and the marineland shattered. The other 2 have been great.

jaredc

AC Members
Feb 14, 2009
Nashville
I just got a Jager about 3 weeks ago and so far it's been great. I had a Visi-Therm Stealth that was part of the recall, so Marineland swapped that out with a glass Visi-therm. I had the new one for about 4 days and it was completely inaccurate. I never did get the temp stabilized with it. I called Marineland and arranged to send that one back and just get the refund check for the recalled Stealth. I went out and bought the Jager and have been extremely happy with it. I don't think the temp has varied by more than 1 or 2 degrees since I installed it. I was really impressed with the quality and feel of the Jager, even though it was manufactured in China. Hope that helps some.

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
I have been hearing a lot about Jager, maybe that is the best choice on the market at this time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store