any pipics of rooted anacaris?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

miguelitro

AC Members
Sep 23, 2004
San Diego CA
anyone have a pic of rooted anacaris? I've only seen it floating on the surface but mine, in both tanks, are dropping roots in to the substrate.
Thanks,
Mike

miguelitro

AC Members
Sep 23, 2004
San Diego CA
guess i was stuttering when tytyping the tititle....

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
I have some anacharis that has grown roots, just silverish skinny things. This plant gets its nutrients by absorbing them through the water so it does not need an extensive root wystem. I have some of mine floatng and some I jsut stuck in the sudstate because i wantied it to be there, noticed soem roots about 2 weeks ago.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Anachris grows both ways. However, as mentioned, it pulls nutrients from the water column, so it doesn't feel the need to really root itself for nutrient absorption. However, it will anchor itself lightly (with those white little roots) if stuck in the substrate, or even grown right near the substrate - or sometimes while it's floating just for fun:)

It is nothing unusual.

carttman

AC Members
Feb 27, 2003
Louisiana
Visit site
How do you get your Anacharis to stay in the substrate? I have tried putting mine in the substrate with plant anchors but they still don't stay in the gravel.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
i just push mine down into the gravel, this works if you don't have fish that like to reaarrange there tank. :)

miguelitro

AC Members
Sep 23, 2004
San Diego CA
yup white tendrils. i wonder if they will end up anchoring themselves to some thing eventually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store