Anybody have any pics of Midas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nippy

Sweetie's keeper
May 26, 2002
Fairbanks, Alaska
TwentyPlus, is that your Midas' toy in the foreground? Mine has two fish-shaped toys he likes to tear up along with his clay pots and rubber frog. :)

Baraka

Can I buy you a fish Sandwich?
Apr 17, 2001
GAMEHENGE
sagan.physast.uga.edu
Nippy thats not a Midas, its a flowerhorn

Mien likes to burry things, he has a totem pol and a ganesh status that he thrashes
he also loves chasing bala's
he can catch them but he he lets them go,
he just likes the chase

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
I let my cousin take the midas for me. He has a 55 gallon so the midas would probabley grow quicker and better. But I have something else now. And before you flame me please listin. Its a 8 inch oscar. Yeah yeah I know, I have been through this before but listin. I went to the store last night (one I go to like every week) and I saw this oscar in a 10 gallon tank! Its an oscar thats been there for a while but it used to be in a much larger tank like 40 gallons or better. Well anyway I asked one of the employees why they moved it to such a small tank and they said that because theyve had it for so long and they had other fish that needed to be put in there which were like 20 green terrors that were only 1 inch long. Boy I was mad that they put the oscar in such a small tank. The guy said that he would sell it to me for 15 bucks so I just had to rescue it. Its been like this big for a few monthes so I think its growth might have been stunded. He is getting along fine and eating great. Well I just thought I'd share. Oh by the way my midas looks a little like the one to the side of cichlidscenes website except mine has a big red spot on its head and it doesnt have a big nuchal hump ofcourse. Well thanx for the replies and yall have a good day!

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
The oscar is doing really well. It eats ofcourse like any little oscar except in bigger amounts. It loves Hikari Staple pellets. Its a really great looking oscar. I'm not sure but it may be a wild caught one but not sure. I think this because the store I got it from used to have it in a 750 gallon tank with other big cichlids but that store has carried many big oscars that have been in that tank so I don't know. Well I hope yall have a good day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store