Anybody know a good fish feeder?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hagermanfd

AC Members
Jan 19, 2007
I have been looking around at fish feeders, i will be going away in March for 2 weeks and I want to make sure the fish get fed every day. I am going to have somebody come over every few days check the water, and add any additives/water that it may need.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
the fish do not need to be fed every day, especially while you are away. every three days will be fine. put some food in a baggie and tell the person who is gonig to watch your fish to give them the food from 1 baggie every three days. this will ensure that they are are feeding the right ammount and that there will not be any unexpected ammoina spikes from overfeeding.

you need to find someone that you can trust to do water changes during the two weeks. if you plan it right, they should only have to do one.

have said person come over to your house two weeks before you leave and show them how to change the water. then, a week before you leave, have them change the water while you watch to make sure they do everything right.

Pacudacu

Eats Shoots and Leaves
Nov 18, 2006
I had a cousin who told someone to feed their fish while she was away, and they all ended up overfed and dead!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store