Anyone from Massachusetts?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Specifically the Boston area that knows of any good fish stores? Some of you might say, " do a google search" or something similar and i have. I know of Tropical Isle but that requires a 45 minute drive and Big Fish Little Fish has good selection and different fish all the time but the tanks have BBA. Any suggestions to stores are appreciated :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Uncle Ned's in Millis was my fav, a bit pricey but he often gets unusual fish, nice for "fish chat" if it's not busy, his brother Dan is nice & Sam the cute catfish/puffer guy is good too, best catchers ever. Tropic Isle was closer for me in Westboro, owners are jerks but...well it seemed to be going downhill the year before I moved but ok to good before that. There was another right in Boston (NOT Lovely Pets, their fish always looked like TB but nice plants). It was a small pet store rather than fish only but several BAS "kids" worked there, close to I-93 just south? of the pike...geez 2 years & I can't remember anything, lol. Have you joined BAS? Too far & late for me except an auction or 2, they meet at a NE Aquarium outbuilding. I also made the annual trek to the mega-auction in Chicopee a few times.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Thanks. You mentioned BAS. What is that? And i never knew there was auctions close by to me!!! Gahh, ive been missing out.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Boston Aquarium (?) Society or something... They meet every month near the NE Aq, even us suburbanites went there sometimes, lol. Loach talk anyway, in the very dead of winter, & an auction or 2! Dang it was COLD, like subzeros! I don't miss that weather at all! But I miss Ned, Dan & Sam...& maybe the "pierced guy" & "changing hair guy" & "owner's daughter" at Tropic Isle, lol, but not the owner & stepmom, eek! Pierced guy is long gone 2+ years ago but he was nicer than his "scary" looks, daughter at holidays....Hair guy, probably still there...

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
The person at the front desk of tropical isle always seemed to be angry or just didnt care about anything everytime i went there LOL but it seemed decent to see some cool fish. Ill definately look into BAS and the auctions though. Thanks

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Sweet. Ill try to attend one of the RI clubs auctions to look around. I would love to buy stuff but money is an issue when you have no job. So if i want to get something i have to trade or sell some things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store